Sunday, January 2, 2022

All Purpose Seasoning Salt

Perusing through my draft recipes, I find this one that I remember fondly. Heading into the kitchen to make up a batch right now.  Below is what I had started to write... not sure why I didn't post it.

It's been a lazy summer. Not much blogging, mostly just grilling some meat or fish and tossing a salad for dinner.  But I have created a "go to" seasoning salt that I want to share. We've been using this on fish, chicken, beef, veggies, eggs, you name it!



Makes about 1/2 cup
Ingredients

4  Tbsp kosher salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning, ground
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2  Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp ground back pepper

Mix together, using a mortar and pestle to break up the Italian seasoning a bit (if desired), or maybe a spice grinder, if you have one. Store in an empty spice container. 

Sprinkle onto meats before grilling or pan frying, but might be a good go-to for a pot of spaghetti sauce too.



No comments:

Post a Comment