Saturday, September 12, 2020

The Devereaux Cocktail


I've had this recipe earmarked forever, and today was totally the day!
While this is called the Devereaux cocktail, we should probably call it the 20/20 cocktail. After quarantine, protests, terrible politics and now thick heavy smoke from terrible fires on the West coast, we could all use a happy little drink.
This.one.is.happy!

Rye whisky is not often pared with elder flower liqueur and bubbly wine, but throw in a little lemon and you have yourself some liquid sunshine!  We both needed that today! My first taste of this cocktail was surprising, I didn't know what to expect, but it was not as sweet as I thought it might be. Almost like sparkly lemonade! Very happy! 

I did adjust the amount of St Germain liqueur in the recipe after the first taste, because I happen to love, love, love it, and frankly the original amount of 1/2 oz wasn't enough to notice it in the cocktail, the original recipe is here.

Makes 1
Ingredients

1 oz bourbon
3/4 oz St Germain liqueur
1/2 oz lemon juice (fresh)
1/2 oz simple syrup
3 oz sparkling wine (I used Prosseco)
Lemon peel, twisted into a curl

A mint leaf garnish would be nice it you have one, or even a basil leaf.

Fill a tall glass with ice and pour in all the booze, lemon and simple syrup, ending with the prosecco or other sparkling wine.



Need another cocktail, check out my others on my cocktail fun page on my blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment