Sunday, April 5, 2020

Kiwi, Blueberry & Goat Cheese Salad



Summer is coming... isn't it?  Please tell me it is, I could use some sun and happiness!
I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss sharing food and wine together.

With more time on our hands lately being house bound because of COVID-19, I've been looking to my blog to feel creative and pass the time. 

I've been going through photos in my blog folder, and found some inspiration.  I made this salad last summer, but just never got around to sharing it.  I remember it was an early summer evening, with dinner looming, I looked around and started grabbing things a salad on the deck.  Blueberries, kiwis, goat cheese (my favorite!), sliced almonds on spinach. Yes! It was divine, and definitely a keeper.

I used a bottled dressing (which is not my norm) which was a touch sweet. A poppyseed dressing would be good, or even just plain oil and red wine vinegar with teaspoon of sugar or honey.


I'm not going to give you the recipe... because I think you can take it from here, right?
If you don't have kiwis, use strawberries or nectarines.
If you don't like goat cheese, then what about feta or cojita cheese?
Don't have almonds? Use sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or pecans.
Make it your own.

We served it with a glass of Kirkland brand Sauvignon Blanc wine, which is my favorite cheap wine. Crisp and tangy and perfect with our salad and asparagus.
Just wanted to pass that on...

Need some regular food, drink or travel ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page


No comments:

Post a Comment