Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cubano Pulled Pork Pizza


This is my favorite pizza at a favorite local restaurant near us.
I've always liked a Cubano sandwich.
I mean HECK, what's not to love?
Pulled pork, ham, pickles, pepperonicini, mustard and cheese?
Yum... but layer it all up on a pizza, you will achieve a whole other level of happiness.
I love this pizza; to make at home, or to order at our fun place,  The Station Pizzeria in Woodinville, WA. It's not your run of the mill pizza place, and this in not your run of the mill pizza!

I've made this a couple of times, but have been reluctant to post it because I have NOT been happy with my pizza dough.  But franklly, I felt this pizza story really did need to be told with, or without, a recipe for pizza dough.
Just go buy some dough at the store, OR make it with some other recipe.  My recipe for pizza dough has not met my standards of sharing... please stay tuned. I will be delighted to share that when I have it ready.
In the mean time, make this pizza and BE HAPPY!


Makes one 12-14" pizza
Ingredients
1 recipe of pizza dough (Trader Joe's is nice, or make your own!)
1 cup shredded pulled pork
1/2 chopped ham, or thin ham slices
Coarse grain mustard
4-6 slices of provolone cheese
4-6 large dill pickle slices
Pepperoncini  slices (hot pickled peppers)

Sorry for so few instructions, but I think you can get it from the pictures. 
Can't you?
Bake until it's done... ummm, maybe 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees.  
Check it and decide for yourself if it's crisp and bubbly delicious to eat.
I recommend cutting the pizza into quarters and folding your quarter up on the sides like a large pizza taco to eat.  What a wonderful way to really enjoy your dinner!


First step, spread the coarse grain mustard on the unbaked dough, like a sauce. (instead of normal red sauce).



Layer on the pulled pork



Add pickle slices and the ham (either sliced ham, or chopped like shown)



A couple of slices of provolone and some pepperoncini slices. Bake until brown and bubbly!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! That is one mouthwatering pizza! The meaty flavor of this pizza is what makes it a great and delightful choice for dinner. I think adding more greens to it would make it taste incredibly much better.
    -Fresh & Healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think a little arugula or dressing tossed chopped kale would !be a yummy, healthy addition.

      Delete