Friday, July 3, 2015

Cucumber Wasabi Martini


Having a heat wave here, 95 degrees before the fourth of July in the Northwest is kind of unheard of.
So, we're HOT.
And my dishwasher is broken, and I just took out a major loan at Home Depot to replace it and a couple other things.
I need a drink.
This ones feels cool & refreshing, and spicy, and a touch sweet too.
Just right, I must say.


The level of heat your drink will have is going to depend on how much wasabi you use. Start with a smaller amount at first and if you want it a little hotter, go with a little more paste in the next round.

Makes 2
Ingredients:

3 jiggers gin
6 thick slices fresh cucumber
2 pea-sized dollops of wasabi paste
1 jigger simple syrup (I used lemon kind, my recipe is here)
1 lemon, juiced
2 Cucumber thin slices for garnish



Muddle the cucumber slices, wasabi, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.

Muddle basically means to smash it to smithereens with a blunt object like a "muddler", or the end of big wooden spoon.

My photo is on the left.  You can see I added quite a bit of wasabi, because I am like that.
Fill with ice and add gin.
Shake well
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a slice of cucumber.










Here's what it looked like after I muddled the cucumber wasabi mixture. (below)
Here's a close up of the finished drink, you'll probably have some little seeds or bits of cucumber in your drink.  I think that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment