Saturday, October 10, 2015

Scrambled Eggs with Spinach & Parmesan

 
I don't think I've ever followed a recipe for scrambled eggs before.
Before now that is,  this one was in Bon Appetit a while ago and it just struck a cord with me on its simplicity.

We almost always have spinach hanging around, so I thought this is a great way to get a little extra vitamins in your breakfast.  A little cheese and some spice from red pepper flakes makes it totally yummy.

NOTE: Pull the eggs off the heat when they still look a little loose, a little underdone.  As they sit, the carryover cooking will do the rest.  You want them soft, and not dry and hard.



Serves 2
Ingredients

4 large eggs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoon olive oil
5 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Crushed red pepper flakes


Whisk eggs in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat oil in a medium nonstick (or cast iron) skillet over medium. Add spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute. Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, until just set, about 1 minute. Stir in Parmesan. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.

I like to use my microplaner for grating hard cheese like Parmesan.  It makes the most delightful fluffy pile of cheese.



I jammed as much spinach as would fit in my cast iron pan.  Seems like about 5 cups, but I'm not sure.



I stirred everything together for about 1-2 minutes, and served at once with a sprinkling of a little more cheese.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment