Sunday, April 10, 2016

Jalapeno Popper Baked Chicken




I've always loved jalapeno poppers, but it's not something I make a lot at home. I have made these before with my Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos, they are very yummy, but they are not dinner.  So I kept thinking how could I make it with chicken?
Yes, you could just top the chicken with the jalapeno mixture and bake it, but that would be messy looking, so here's what I came up with by rolling the chicken around the filling.

There was something very satisfying and comforting about this chicken.  I think it could easily be a new favorite.
 



Serves 4
Ingredients

4 chicken breasts

1/4 cup minced jalapenos
1/4 cup green onions 
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup bacon, cooked, and chopped
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Mix together the filling of jalapenos, green onions, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.


Flatten the chicken breasts using a mallet (flat side) or even an empty wine bottle.  They should be about 1/4 inch thick.  



Salt and pepper each chicken breast. Add about a quarter of the filling mixture to each chicken breast.  Roll them up and secure with a toothpick.



You could sprinkle each one with a small amount of bread crumbs, if desired.


In case you don't want to go to the trouble of flattening the chicken breasts, you could also, you could do it this way... I cut a slit in each one and stuffed the mixture in.


Fry them for 3-4 minutes a side over a medium hot burner until they get a little bit of browning/color on each side.  Then put into the hot oven for about 30 minutes.  Slice into rounds, or serve whole.  Be sure to remove that toothpick!


Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment