Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Topping & Crust


Pumpkin and Maple.  It says FALL.
I struggled with the depart of Summer, I always do.  I prefer the sun and fun.
Bu, now that Fall is truly here, I can welcome the pumpkin and maple back into my life.

I used the Trader Joe's maple cream cookies, but you could use graham cracker crumbs instead.  Just add the syrup and butter to those, and press into the pan.  But, I do recommend the maple cookies.

Please excuse my messy picture above... I was pressed for time before a brunch with friends.  I should have removed the big crumb on top of the slice, LOL, oh well.



Ingredients

Crust:
1 package maple cream filled cookies (about 2 cups of crumbs)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

For crust:

In a food processor, pulverize the cookies until quite fine. Add the syrup and the melted butter.  Mix well. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes in the 350 oven.  Let cool while you prepare the filling.



For filling:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.

Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for about an hour.  The cheesecake should only be slightly giggly in the center. 



Remove from heat, mix sour cream with maple syrup and sugar, pour over cheesecake and bake another 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
Need some regular cooking ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page


No comments:

Post a Comment