Saturday, April 8, 2017

Breakfast Cookies- Coconut, Almonds, Chocolate and Zucchini




I've been wanting to try breakfast cookies for a while, because you know...
breakfast cookies!
Yay!
I would be happy to eat healthy cookies to start my day.

I found so many recipes online, with all sorts of ingredients, but I love coconut and I had some zucchini that I wanted to use.  Perfect!  I found this recipe on this cute blog, and only added one thing, nuts!  I felt this needed a bit more crunch, so I added slivered almonds, but walnuts or pecans would be great too. 




Makes 24 large cookies
Ingredients

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (mini chips)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips.



Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.



I got 24 cookies, and yes, I DID eat a little dough!



Need some regular cooking or travel ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment