Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Moroccan Salad- Tomato & Cucumber


We have this crazy tradition in our family, grab yourself an unique party theme and slap it onto your relatives.
You?  You are bringing a Moroccan salad!
Okay,
So yeah, sure. I got one.
Not...
So, you Google it.  Hmmmm, this seems like every other Mediterranean salad I ever made. What exactly makes this different?
Frankly, I am not sure, but it IS different.
It may be the size that you cut them into, it may be the combination, the olive oil, the parsley, or the seasoning.
It is incredibly delicious and easy to make.
Don't believe me, just try it. I think you will like it.

Waiting for the next theme, or dreaming up some challenge for my sisters soon.  
What do YOU think?  Czech Republic?  Poland?  Ghana? Uruguay?  

Serves about 4-6
Ingredients

1 lb cherry tomatoes (or grape), cut into small pieces (I did eighths)
1 1/2 English cucumbers, diced small
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/4 cup green onions, chives, or onion, minced
1 Lemon, juiced
1 tsp Lemon zest
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Chop everything, add the olive oil and lemon zest and juice. Season well with salt and pepper.  Chill until ready to serve.  Best made 1-2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment