Sunday, June 5, 2022

Cruise Food

We like to cruise! It's such a relaxing and easy way to get from place to place. It's so nice to go to bed knowing you will be somewhere new when you wake up.

I like to cruise on NCL where they have 'freestyle dining', meaning they have multiple restaurants (usually about 12 or more) and you can get a table for 2 and dine any time you want. I have cruised on a cruise line that wants you to sit at a table for 8 every night at the same time. I am really, really NOT a fan of that.

Personally, I am thrilled to avoid the buffet as it is not what I like on my vacation. I want to relax and have a leisurely meal. We tend to avoid the buffets, but occasionally, you will want to hit one of the deck buffets for lunch outdoors as its the only way to dine outside.

Here's some of the meals that I've enjoyed over the years on a NCL cruise. We've cruised 13 times with another planned later this year. This post has been in 'draft' mode for years and I felt I really needed to finish it.

Antipasto Plate appetizer at La Cucina Italian restaurant


This Osso Bucco is consistently my favorite when I dine at La Cucina on NCL cruises.




Chicken Parmigana with pasta


A little night cap, a limoncello martini and a whisky on the rocks


After all that fun and food last night, you'd best be getting a good breakfast. We always prefer a table for two (hopefully with a window view) and some table service for our breakfast.



Lots of choices, but here's a traditional combination!


A custom omelette is always a good choice too! With a side of pancakes...


This is one of our favorite breakfasts on a cruise ship, smoked salmon and a bagel.  You can even get this as a "starter" before your omelette.


 
Another breakfast day...



Le Bistro, fine French dining on board.  Beautiful setting, great dishes and completely delicious food! Seriously, I missed getting pictures of some of our courses- I think it was French Onion soup and a spring salad.

My hubby had this.... let's see, prawns, scallops and white fish, or is that potato?  What could this be?


Dover sole for me and it was terrific!


A creme brulee with a bit of fruit and a shortbread cookie too.  Served with coffee, and I can't remember, and definitely a Grand Marnier on the side. I wish it was in a snifter glass though. LOL


A little lemon tart with a bit of meringue, served with some yummy cassis gelato.


Teppanyaki Japanese restaurant.  Assigned times for dining, definitely fun for dinner and a SHOW.  Kind of corny, but the food is always so good consistently.







Me, enjoying someone bringing me endless cups of coffee in the morning. My favorite way to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment