Sunday, March 1, 2020

Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs



It's been a while since I updated my blog, but lately I have been feeling inspired again! These eggs are spicy and delicious, I highly recommend.

Last Friday I did a Cabi party at a friend's house and she did these marvelous Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs.  Now, I am not always a fan of Deviled Eggs, but these were fantastic.  I knew I had to make them for a family function today!  Here's the link I used, but I did take some poetic license and change up a couple things.

One note, without getting into the Mayo vs. Miracle Whip debate... if  you like your eggs sweeter you can use Miracle Whip, but if you want tangy/no sweetness, then use mayo.

These eggs went really, really fast at the function today. Someone people weren't paying attention and did not get one. LOL!

I forgot to picture the Old Bay Seasoning below...



Make 24 pieces
Ingredients:


12 eggs, hard-boiled
1/3-1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp. horseradish
Juice of 1/2 a lemon, or 1 1/2 Tbsp pickle juice
2 tsp. hot sauce
1/2 tsp. celery salt
Salt to taste

Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. old bay seasoning

Garnish Ideas:
Pickled Coins, sliced olives and/or capers, for garnish 
Celery leaves

Place eggs in a large pot and cover with about an inch of water. Place pot on stove and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and cover with lid. Let sit for 11 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from pan and place in a bowl of ice water. OR, use my link on Perfect Hardboiled Eggs

When cool enough to handle, peel eggs. If possible at this point after the eggs are peeled, refrigerate the eggs for a couple hours or overnight.  Sometimes if the eggs are a little warm, the egg whites can break or split. When chilled, cut eggs in half. Scoop yolks out and place in a medium bowl.


In the bowl with yolks, add mayonnaise, tomato paste, horseradish, lemon or pickle juice, hot sauce, and celery salt and mix until well combined (I had to use my stick blender to get them smooth, but people probably won't care if they are lumpy). Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a piping bag.



Place old bay seasoning on a small plate and press cut side of eggs into seasoning. Place eggs on a plate and pipe filling onto each egg. Top with a pickle or olive slice and celery leaves as garnish.

Don’t have any Old Bay seasoning?  Here’s a recipe that is pretty close!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons celery salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch dry mustard
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Need some regular food, drink or travel ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment