Sunday, October 25, 2020

Green Salsa with Tomatillos & Avocado


Working from home this year, I have missed many things. One of them is definitely connecting with people at work over food, like potlucks!  My coworker brings the best green salsa and we are all wild about it.  Luckily she shared her recipe, so I was able to make my own.

Note- In a true "Got It Cook It" fashion, I substituted canned pickled jalapenos as I was out of fresh chilies. While this tasted really good, I think that a fresh serrano chili (or two) is best!


Makes about 2 cups

Ingredients

7-8 tomatillos (depending on size)

2 tbsp. of olive oil

1-2 serrano chiles (depending on how spicy you want it)

½ of a small onion, chopped

4 cloves of garlic (depending on size)

1 handful of cilantro

2 avocados

Juice of ½ lime

1 tsp of chicken bouillon seasoning

1 tsp pepper

Salt to taste

Water to cover



Fill a pot with enough water to boil the peeled tomatillos. Boil tomatillos for about 5 min or until soft but don’t let them burst. Drain water and add tomatillos to blender.




Add 1 (of the 2) tbsp. of olive oil to a pan and sauté serrano chiles, onion and garlic on med/med high heat until slightly browned. Add to blender.




Add remaining ingredients to blender. Blend to combine, but don't process too long, you will want to have a very slight texture for best appearance.

Add water to change consistency if too thick, I added about 1/3 cup while blending it Adjust salt to taste. 




No comments:

Post a Comment