Friday, September 21, 2012

Blue Lagoon Martini


You don't have to look too far to see where I got my inspiration for this drink!

Well, maybe you do.  You see my daughter is sporting a new hair color... it's turquoise, a very nice shade, by the way, if you are 21 years old. 

This is also the color of the Blue Lagoon in Iceland, which we visited last February. We were given a yummy blue cocktail as we entered the lagoon, plus some ugly mineral mud for our faces. What a blast that was.

Anyways...
This also happens to be a very nice cocktail, and easy to whip up.

Note-
The recipe calls for Sweet n' Sour mix, or strong lemonade.  Frozen limeade concentrate works well too.  I make my own with equal parts of lime (or lemon) and sugar, mix and freeze.  Viola... your own ready to go drink mix.

I'm not naming names, but I know all these mud covered people. OXOX

(That's my homemade limeade in the glass; Not pictured, sparkling water)

Ingredients
Serves 1

1 jigger blue curacao
1 jigger vodka
1 jigger pineapple juice
1/2-1 jigger sweet & sour mix, or strong lemonade, or limeade
Sparkling water (optional)


Mix together in an ice filled shaker, shake, shake, shake.  
Pour into a martini glass. 
I like to float a bit of sparkling water on top, it adds bubbles and it is not quite so sweet that way!

Now go relax at your own personal blue lagoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment