Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread



You've heard of one bowl brownies, right?  
What about one bowl Cinnamon Sugar Bread?
Here's proof:


I've had a rough week, a really rough week... 12 hour days of stress every day so far.  
Really though...  cry me a river, everyone else is stressed too.
How to feel better?
I know!
Why not bring the others you work with a little fattening home-baked treat that let's them know that you care?  

I saw this on another blog while surfing on Pinterest.... it's the best way I know to do double duty folks!  Check out Whisk and a Prayer blog for her rendition.  I changed it up a bit,  like I am prone to do.  



Makes one 9x5 loaf
Ingredients

1/4- 1/3 cup brown sugar(or white sugar)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. I lined mine with parchment too.



In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together, Set aside.


In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture.
Stir until just moistened.
Pour half of the batter into pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cover with almost all of the remaining batter.
Top with more cinnamon/sugar.
Run a knife gently through the mixture to give it a marbled effect.


 Top with what's left of the batter, and and sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon sugar, if desired. I just added a little line of cinnamon sugar down the middle.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


I haven't tried it, but I think this would make great muffins too!  It might take a while to layer up 12 little muffin cups but would be a fantastic way to go for individual servings.  
Bake at the same temperature in paper liner cups for 20-25 minutes.
 

3 comments:

  1. hope your week picks up Piper and you get to close it out on a good note. I'm sure you'll at least close it out to raves from your co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about all the stress at your work. Surely this will help.

    ReplyDelete