Saturday, July 19, 2014

Smoked Salmon Spread with Capers, Lemon & Green Onion


I've had that pack of smoked salmon in the fridge since Christmas.
I'm not sure what I've been waiting for... I love smoked salmon.
What was I waiting for?  Christmas again...? 
Anyway, the pull date on the back said I had a month before it expired.
I had to find some reason to serve it!

So, I decided the occasion I was waiting for was a day at the beach with friends!
Yeah, Okay, so maybe that's a weird thing to bring to the beach, seems like it goes with a cocktail party better.  But frankly, you'd be amazed at how happy people are to eat this at the beach!  Keep cold until you're ready to serve, but it probably won't last too long anyway.

This would be nice on a bagel for breakfast, brunch or lunch too.
It's actually good on your finger too... just saying.

One note, don't add salt to this mixture, between the capers and the smoked salmon it is salty enough.  Yummy, salty, tangy... did I say yummy?



Makes about 2 cups
Ingredients

8 oz smoked salmon, cut into pieces and divided into two portions
8 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp capers, divided
1 tsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
Parsley, if desired
Fresh pepper

Using a food processor, or by hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, half the smoked salmon, half the green onions, half the capers, all the lemon zest and lemon juice until well combined. If using a food processor, it may get quite smooth. Remove to a different bowl and add the rest of the chopped up salmon chunks, the capers and the green onions, so that you have some nice colors and textures for serving.

Serve with slices of french bread, crackers, mini bagels or even potato chips.   

Here's what I've been making:
One year ago: Mai Tai's for a Crowd (a VERY popular post, LOL)
Two years ago: Cherries Jubilee Martini
Three years ago: Peppered Chicken Kebabs wrapped in Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment