Sunday, July 10, 2016

Spicy Sweet Potato Salad


I had this salad at a friend's house recently and I was instantly in love with it!
She used yams and sweet potatoes for a nice yellow and orange look, but I had a hard time locating yams at my grocery store, so I improvised.

This has the sweetness of the potatoes, tang from the lime, spice from the chili powder and cumin.  Add the flavor of cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil.  I can also see so many other variations like diced jalapenos, red onion, green onions, heck throw in some quinoa and serve it over some greens for a very healthy dinner or lunch.


Serves 5-6 
Ingredients
  
3 large Sweet potatoes, peeled cubed, roasted (or use a sweet potato & yam combo)
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Chili Powder
2/3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375

Peel sweet potatoes, cut into cubes, toss with 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, salt, cumin and chili powder and spread out on a large baking pan.  Roast for 17-20 minutes, until tender, but not too soft.


Toss with lime juice and let cool.  Add chopped cilantro and stir to combine.  Taste to adjust seasonings, as you may decide you want a bit more chili powder and cumin.

Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment