Monday, November 14, 2016
Greek 7 Layer Dip
Everyone seems to like that Mexican 7 layer dip, so why not do it with Greek flavors?
We did this the other night when we had my sister's homemade gyros (yum!) and needed some appetizers to kick off the party.
This was a rousing success and we felt it was pretty healthy too!
Serves a crowd
2 cups Hummus (Homemade, or store bought)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 chopped cucumbers
1 jar kalamata olives, drained and chopped
1/2 to 1 cup Pepperoncini slices
1 can Artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
1 cup Feta cheese, crumbles
1 cup Tzaziki (Homemade, or store bought)
Garnish- Chopped Parsley or green onions, and some extra whole pepperoncinis
Serve with fresh pita bread, pita crisps, crackers or french bread slices
1. In a large low dish, add a thick layer of hummus
2. Top with chopped english cucumber, you might want to do a bit smaller than I did for ease of eating.
3. Top with chopped tomatoes
4. Sprinkle with pitted kalamata olives
5. Sprinkle with Pepperoncini, or artichokes, if using
6. Sprinkle with feta
7. Lastly, end with a layer of Tzatziki and some garnish (shown in the picture at the top)
Need some regular ideas? "Like" my Facebook page