Saturday, October 1, 2022

Damn Good Salsa


I love salsa! 

Recently we did a Salsa & Chips day at work and I brought in a couple of store bought kinds (no judging, it was a big group, LOL) and also a batch of my Chipotle Sour Cream. We had some other people bring some in and this one was so good I asked for the recipe.  They sent me a picture of a work email from 2007 where the recipe had been shared before.  It was so good and so easy, I wanted to make sure to blog this for posterity's sake!

It seems like a lot of spices with 1 tablespoon of each, but believe me, it makes it great! Heck, I even added more pepper and salt to make it just as good as my co-workers version! This is best if you make it a day or two before you need it, but it also tastes great right away.

Thank you for my neighbor, Chrissy, who had an extra chili powder when we didn't have chili powder at our vacation home.  I'm stunned I did not have chili powder at this place!



Makes about 4 cups

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp of the following:

-Salt

-Black Pepper

-Cumin

-Paprika

-Chili Powder


1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes

2 cloves garlic

1/2-3/4 cup diced white onion

1/4 cup green onions, diced

2 jalapenos, diced small

1 bunch of cilantro, chopped

6oz spicy V-8 tomato juice

Juice of 1 lime


Mix and chill until ready for eating!  We pretty much put salsa on everything, so go for it!



1 comment: