Friday, March 23, 2012

Pina Colada Martini


Not too sweet... just the way I like it.
Usually I would never order a pina colada, even though I love fruit and coconut.  
Usually they are just too sweet.  Not this one... it's just right.
I used canned light coconut milk (from Trader Joe's- best value anywhere at 99 cents) which cuts much of the extra sugar that is added to those icky mixers.

It's the first nice day n the Pacific Northwest over 50 degrees.  
Almost Summer weather for us... hahaha.
I needed some FUN to kick off our weekend.

Not sure why I was dreaming up martinis on the drive home.  
Tough week, you say?  Maybe. 
Still, a good week and an even better one to come.  
Heading to Germany on Sunday for a business trip.  I promise to do lots of food and beverage research in addition to my real job.

Hope you like this one, I think it's a keeper.



Serves 1
Ingredients

1 jigger vodka (or rum, which is traditional in a Pina Colada)
1 jigger light coconut milk
2 jiggers juice, mango or pineapple
1/2 jigger triple sec, or other orange liqueur
1/2 jigger creme de banana liqueur

Pour all the ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker.  Shake. Shake, Shake.
Strain and serve.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy.

Repeat as necessary.

Here's some more of my favorite martinis!

Burning Ring of Fire Martini
Coconut Water Martini
Honey Badger Martini

No comments:

Post a Comment