Friday, September 23, 2011

Tiramisu Martini


A friend requested a recipe for a Tiramisu Martini... I liked the sound of that.  I had some help from another friend who is an expert mixologist and has the biggest, nicest home bar that I have EVER seen.  I think he has 77 different bourbons.... and the low end was Maker's Mark.  I can't share his name, or his hometown, in order to protect him from the hordes that would be beating a path to his door in order to get him to pour one of his amazing cocktails. Even if you sitting on one of his bar stools telling him 'no' to cocktails as you sip your wine, he carefully gets you involved in conversation about your likes and dislikes and before you know it there is an amazing, personally matched cocktail sliding across the bar to your now open and receptive hand. 
He is dangerous. I like that.

He also brilliantly created this cocktail, and then I changed it. 
I know, how rude of me.
I just can't help myself. 
I used rum instead of vodka, because rum is traditional in the Italian dessert, plus I added some cold espresso in order to cut down the sweet factor. Regardless, this is super yummy and it is definitely something to be enjoyed instead of dessert.  If you drink too many  of these, I will not promise to speak quietly tomorrow.



Makes one (easy to double as I did for the picture)
Ingredients:
1 jigger rum, white or dark
1 1/2 jigger Coffee Liquor, like Kahlua
1/2 jigger Baileys, or other Irish Cream Liqueur 
1/2 jigger Frangelico, hazelnut liqueur 
1/3 tsp of Vanilla extract
1 jigger cold espresso (I used decaf!)
2-3 tbsp unsweetened softly whipped cream
Chocolate curls

Whip your cream until it starts to become thick, but is still liquid and pourable. If it's too thick, it's hard to sip your martini through!

All all the liqueurs and coffee to the Martini shaker with fresh ice, shake away and strain into a martini glass.

Add the whip cream, if you want to make sure that it "floats'" on top of the martini, pour it slowly on the top of the back of a spoon.


If you want chocolate curls, take a bar of chocolate and microwave for 15 seconds to barely soften it.  Using a potato peeler, rub it along the narrow edge to make small curls. 

NOTE:
I got a text from my neighbor the other day...
It said "what is a jigger?"
It made me laugh... I guess I need to be more specific on my drink recipes!
A jigger is just a unit of measurement, but anything would work.
It's like this... use a shot glass, a 1/4 cup measure, the cap from your martini shaker- - -whatever it is, as long as you do the proportions correctly it'll work out fine.  My husband even suggested a pint jar, but really now folks, that's just too much, unless you've got a big, thirsty group at your house!

Here are some of my other cocktails:
Hot, Skip and Run/Jump Naked Cocktail
Good Night Irene Cocktail
Pineapple Jalapeno Martini Margarita
White Wine Sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment