Saturday, October 1, 2011

Coconut Water Martini


I know, the picture looks like water. But, it's not. I promise you will be able to tell right away.

I remember the first time I ever had one of these, it was at Rum Jungle at Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas on my 40th birthday.  I think I've mentioned that I like coconut before, so you know why I would have ordered a Coconut Martini. 

We ordered two, one for me, and one for Mr. I love Coconut too.
Instant love.  I immediately wrote down all the different liqueurs listed on the menu onto a small coaster and tucked it into my wallet.  Clever, huh?
Smile, sip, sip, sip, smile.
Then, we ordered two more.... $12 bucks each? Totally worth it.

It really wasn't too hard to recreate at home, a heck of a lot cheaper plus no waiting for the snotty waiter to come back.  We've done some tweaks to make the finished drink a little less sweet than the original, so it's even better.


Makes 1 large martini
(You could share, but you won't want to)

1 jigger Malibu
rum
1/2 jigger Creme de banana
1 jigger Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay coconut rum
1 jigger Bacardi Coconut Rum
1 jigger seltzer water (the original had Sierra Mist in it)

Fill a shaker with large ice cubes, add all the ingredients but the seltzer water. Shake and pour into martini glasses, add the seltzer water and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment