Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ginger Rhubarb Vodka Cooler



Okay, so this recipe takes some advance preparation.
You just can't buy this stuff off the shelf... but do make it, you will be happy. 
If you like rhubarb, and you also like cocktails, you will not be disappointed.

I know I've been on a rhubarb, and ginger, kick lately. I've always loved ginger, and adore rhubarb at this time of year.  In the past week or so, I've made a Ginger Rhubarb Whole Wheat Pie and also a Carrot Ginger Martini.... so, keeping in the same vein, here's one more toast to you with a ginger and rhubarb cocktail.

As you can see from the picture above, you can see I found a great Ginger Beer called the
"Cock and Bull"... which I think is a pseudo-British version of ginger beer.  Ginger beer isn't beer at all, it's just a stronger flavored ginger ale, which makes a very nice substitute if you can't find the "Cock and Bull" brand.

It's Dad's Day today, so here's to all the great Dad's in my life, love you SO MUCH!

In a glass of crushed ice,
2 jiggers of Rhubarb vodka
2 jiggers of Ginger Beer, or ginger ale

About a week before you want it, prepare the rhubarb vodka:
In a quart jar, add 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb and 1/2 cup sugar, fill to the top with vodka.  I used lemon vodka, but regular is just fine.  Screw on the top and shake it up. Leave on your counter for a week, shaking it every day. After a day or two, the vodka will take on a rosy glow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment