Sunday, October 5, 2014

Green Herb Creamy Spaghetti


I had to call my sister for this one.
It was the pasta dish I remembered from growing up as one of my favorties.
I was somewhat shocked with the fat content and the fact that my sister was able to pop off the recipe by text within 2 minutes of my request for the "green pasta, you know the one".
And she did.
Love that.
She may point out that I changed a couple things... I added parsley (because I had it) and I reduced the butter a bit, (like you would even notice) and I decided to just use the hot pasta water for the sauce (nothing earth shattering with that...) and accidentally added more cheese.




Serves 4-6
Ingredients

1/2 lb of spaghetti noodles, cooked (I used whole wheat)
6 Tbsp butter (cut 2 Tbsp off of a cube to get 6 Tbsp)
1/4 cup olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced 
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1-2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1-2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper  
1/2(or more) cup hot pasta water, or boiling water
8 oz cream cheese (I used the 1/3 fat kind)
1/4 - 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Boil water for noodles, 

Sauté the garlic, green onions, parsley and basil with in butter and oil




Add cream cheese, salt and pepper 



It looks a little oily here, but it all comes together in the next step


Then boiling water. It's thin at first, and then thickens up. Add the Parmesan stir and toss with pasta. 
 


I served this to some friends, snapping some pictures as I finished, and he insisted on getting a picture of me with the finished dish.


Note:  My sister says you can let the sauce (without the noodles) firm up and use as a spread too!

No comments:

Post a Comment