Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Yogurt Cucumber "cooling sauce" for Indian Food

I've made these before...  I love cucumbers and yogurt.
Tzatziki
Raita Salad
But this one is just different, and wonderful.

Perfect served along spicy vegetable curry, but equally good the next as a condiment for grilled salmon. You could also serve as an appetizer with pita bread, olives and veggies.
I paired this recipe with my Tomato Cauliflower Curry.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Ingredients

1 cup yogurt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 green onion, minced small
1/2 cup of cucumber, minced small
1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
Salt and Pepper

Mince up the cucumber and green onion into very small pieces.  Chop cilantro. Mix the veggies into the yogurt, adding the lemon juice.  Mix and let sit for 15-20 minutes, adding salt & pepper as needed.






Here it is on top of the vegetable curry!



 Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment