Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chipotle Black Bean Dip


Chipotle's are a personal favorite of mine, I almost always have 2-3 cans in my pantry waiting to make something.  I use them in soups, barbecue sauce's, tacos.... almost anything.  When I saw a recipe for Chipotle Black Bean DIP, I thought, oh yeah, why didn't I think of that? Here's my adaptation...

I've noticed that people can eat a lot of dips, salsas and the like when you have a big bowl of chips around!  Maybe it's just my family and friends... Anyway, it was fun to see how fast this went down and how people made it "custom" while munching on chips.  You can see I use the scoop chips so I can fill each one up completely with layers of salsa and bean dip. Yum!  I do think somehow, that it is better to eat more dip that's good for you and salsa, than it is to eat chips!

Make this in your food processor after you've whipped up some homemade salsa... yup, I wouldn't even rinse it after I made the salsa.  The bean dip will make short work of all that salsa residue to make your dip even better.  The recipe below can be tweaked to your liking of course!  My recipe has quite a few chipotle peppers in it, if you aren't sure, try it first with 1, or even half.  Also, you could add up to 1 cup of sour cream or yoghurt, and I will admit the photo above has ONE CUP in it, but I think this dip should have been a bit thicker, and it would be a darker, richer color with only 1/2 cup.  The good news IS... you can try it one way, taste it, and adjust to add more of the peppers and the sour cream to your liking!



Ingredients
2-3 chipotle peppers and sauce
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup greek yoghurt, or sour cream
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
Salt & Black Pepper

Put all the ingredients in a your food processor and mix until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, you can probably do this in the blender too!

NOTE- If you have leftover Chipotle chilies, you can lay them out on a baking sheet on wax paper and FREEZE them, and then when they are hard, put them in a ziploc bag and keep in the freezer.  I usually go through them in a week, so I just cover the can and keep in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment