Saturday, September 14, 2013

Creamy Artichoke Soup- Fast & Easy


Some things are such a "duh".
Why didn't I think of that before?
I love, love, love artichokes and they make a creamy, somewhat low calorie soup that's ready in a jiffy.
Oh yeah!
This soup is easy and hopefully you have lots of this stuff already on hand.
Really, if you have a Trader Joe's by you, stock up on these canned artichokes because you can do SO MUCH with them.   
Like what you say?
Artichoke and Roasted Cumin Dip or Artichoke Olive Cheese Bread or lots of other stuff that I see that I need to blog about! I was actually surprised I didn't have more on my blog with these artichokes, as I use them so often.

If you happen to have frozen artichoke hearts in your freezer, you could use those instead.  I would use about 12 artichoke hearts, thawed. I'm not sure how that would affect the taste, you might have to add more lemon or salt. I also think this soup would be good without the yogurt, if you wanted to try that! 


Makes about 6 cups
Ingredients

2 can artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup onions
2-3 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
4 cups vegetable, or chicken, broth
1 cup nonfat yogurt, or cream, or sour cream 
Salt & Pepper to taste


This is what it looked like slightly before I used my immersion blender, but a regular blender works too.  Add the yogurt (sour cream or cream) and gently reheat.  Serve at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment