Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Smoothie


It's that pumpkin time of year!
I had this for breakfast the other day, and then ordered my annual pumpkin spice latte.
Guess what?  I think this one was better.

A 1/2 cup of pumpkin has 40 calories... wow, seems kind of like a calorie bargain to me for all that plus the vitamins too. This smoothie stayed with me all morning.

I made Coconut Pumpkin Soup the other day, and had a half can of pumpkin to use up.
Why are the big cans SO much cheaper than the small cans?  I always seen to have leftover pumpkin at this time of year.  Here's a great way to use it up.

Makes one thick smoothie!

1 cup of yogurt, nonfat Greek, or vanilla yoghurt would be great too (reduce the sugar)
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk (almond milk is nice too!)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 Tbsp of brown sugar, or some artificial sweetener 

Throw it all in a blender and zoom it up!  Add more milk if it seems too thick for your liking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment