Monday, September 26, 2011

Chocolate Smothered S'mores


I'm embarrassed.
Yes, I really am.
These are ridiculous... RIDICULOUS, can't you see that?

I wish these weren't so good.

I was afraid they'd be sucky... yeah, sucky.
Nope, not even close to sucky, closer to awesome.

You know what would even be better?
Make your own marshmallows.... yeah, yeah, I know. Who would do that?
I haven't, but I kinda want to.
My husband, who doesn't even like marshmallows says he'd like to try them with homemade marshmallows. Geez, is he spoiled, or what?

You know what's super funny about these? I delivered a bag of 6 S'mores to my neighbors tonight. They are BIG s'mores fan, hey, they have an August 10th National S'Mores day party every year. So I delivered them as we were running out to dinner, and when I got back in the car, my hubby said, "hey, you got a big chunk of chocolate hanging off your lip...".
Dang it... how embarrassing... at least I knew they tasted good, huh?

You need to make these, they are better than you can imagine.



Makes about 18
Ingredients:
1/2 bag of marshmallows
1/2 bag of chocolate chips, or 6 oz. of other good quality chocolate
1/2 pkg of graham crackers
1 tsp vegetable oil

Break up the graham crackers in smallish pieces, a bit bigger than the bottom of a marshmallow. Count up that you have enough graham cracker pieces to match the number of marshmallows. Now, avoid mindlessly eating one, or two, while you melt the chocolate..


Melt the chocolate in a bowl sitting on top of some simmering water on low heat


Dip the bottom of the marshmallow in the chocolate and put on the graham cracker. Chill until the chocolate is firm and the marshmallow and graham cracker are firmly attached together.


Dip each marshmallow in the chocolate.  This is a bit messy, but I found dipping the bottom graham cracker part in first, then holding it dipping the top of the marshmallow in the chocolate.  Let the excess drip off... or not, you could leave it on!  Let the S'mores harden on some wax paper, or parchment paper.

Package into small gift bags, or hide from yourself until ready to share.


Oh, so you like chocolate.... here's what else I suggest:
Intense Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Grand Marnier Pot du Creme
Fudge for Dummies
Merlot Dark Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate Grand Mariner Pot du Creme

No comments:

Post a Comment