Monday, September 19, 2011

Grilled Peach & Pecan Green Salad


Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches...
I've got to tell you I don't need to move to the country to get a lot of peaches. I have eaten more peaches this year than I ever remember.

Peaches and Nectarines, whew!
I bought a lot, I was given a lot, and I cooked a lot. I made Pepper, Peach & Rosemary Jam which is exceedingly yummy with goat cheese on crackers, there is peach crisps and nectarine crostada tarts, and now, there is Grilled Peach & Pecan Green Salad.

Peaches and Pecans just go together. Except you may notice, this recipe actually shows walnuts.  I thought I had pecans, but I was out. So in the spirit of "Got It, Cook It"....Walnuts are yummy too and I had tons of those! 
I've got to get another 2 lb. bag of pecans next time I go to Costco. 


Serves 2
Ingredients:
1 peach
3 cups greens (I used arugula)
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled, or cut into cubes (or Feta)
1/3 cup pecans, toasted (or walnuts)
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Salad Dressing- some sort of vinaigrette- Balsamic, dijon or lemon


Slice the peach into about 12 slices, leave the skin on. Spray with canola oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.


Grill the sections on a hot grill pan, or outdoor grill. They cook quickly, about 1-2 minutes per side.  Don't over cook, you want them warmed, but not mushy.


Toss your greens in the dressing first, then add the onions, nuts, cheese and peaches. Toss again gently.  Arrange on plates. You might want to retain a couple pieces of the peaches to lay on top and sprinkle with additional nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment