Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crispy Parmesan Tilapia


When you are trying to eat healthily... crispy, fried fish is kind of out of the question.  But, this recipe gives you the taste and crunch you want with lots of extra flavor too.  And it's easy...  I like that.

I'm going to admit something.
I used the Kraft "green canister" parmesan cheese.... oh yes, I DID!
I'm admiting it, but you can see below that I photographed the fresh stuff... yeah, I was going to try to pull something over on you.
It's a long story, but even though I had fresh Parm in the fridge, I also had two HUGE canisters of the 'shelf' cheese in my pantry that someone gave me that I wanted to use. 
WHAT? 
No one gives you cheese? 
Well, now I DO feel special. 
Thanks to my friend Corina for the cheese and also the fantastic Kombucha tea that she makes and regularly gives to me.

I did not add any extra salt in the recipe below.  My reason is, that when I made it, I added salt and I thought it was entirely too salty when combined with the salty Dijon mustard and the Parmesan cheese.  Just wait and taste it at the table before you add salt... I think it will be better for you and be 'just right' for your own taste buds that way.


This was so easy and so yummy, I want it again right now. 
In case you are wondering, I served this with my Spaghetti Squash, Arugula & Tomato Salad, which is incredible either hot, warm or cold!


Serves 4
Ingredients
4 tilapia fillets, thawed
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
1/2 cup panko
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 springs fresh thyme leaves, or 1 Tbsp chopped parsley

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Fresh Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 F degrees
Get a baking sheet and a wire rack ready to go, before you prep the fish.

Mix the parmesan, bread crumbs, pepper, olive oil and thyme leaves together.  Set aside in a shallow dish.




Coat each fish fillet with Dijon mustard and then press the coated fish into the cheese and breadcrumb mixture.  Pat it in to make sure it's firmly attached.  Lay the fish on the rack over a baking pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes.



I love tilapia!
Here are some other favorite recipes:

Easy Catalan Fish Stew with Roasted Pepper Paprika Aioli
Crispy Lemon Tilapia
Lime Tilapia
Simple Fish Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw
Tilapia Provencal

No comments:

Post a Comment