Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chipotle-Corn Turkey Burgers



It's not very often where a burger completely knocks your socks off.
But this one did.
Completely, utterly made us both groan with pleasure. 

I don’t make a lot of hamburgers, but I really, really like a good one.
Problem is… we usually go out for a burger instead of making them at home. 
My hubby actually said "Red Robin, watch out". Then he went into talking of his dream of opening a pub where I made all the pub food.  Umm... no, too much work thanks, I'd rather just cook for all of you.

This one is good enough to make you super happy, and healthy enough, and easy too. This is one recipe I know that I will make again and again.

It’s the spicy, with a bit of sweet from the corn, that is very good with turkey.  I recommend the Chipotle Sour cream as a condiment, as long as you have that can of chipotles already open- why not do it?
It's pretty easy to have this stuff on hand at my house, I hope yours too

 
Serves 4
Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup grilled corn kernals, or regular corn (Trader Joe’s has a great one)
1-2 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2-3 Tbsp green onions, minced
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

   
Other toppings:
4 hamburger buns, split
Cheddar cheese slices, or Pepper Jack
Chipotle Sour Cream (recipe here, not crucial, just recommended)
Avocado slices
Tomato slices
Onion slices
Lettuce

Preheat a grill to medium. In a bowl, combine the turkey, chipotle chile, chopped cilantro, minced green onions, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. 


Form the mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.


Brush the tops of the patties with 1 tablespoon oil; arrange on the grate oiled side down and grill until deep golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Brush the other side of the patties with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, turn and continue grilling until cooked through, about 5 minutes. 



During the last few minutes of grilling, arrange the buns split side down on the grate and grill until toasted.

Spread the toasted buns with the chipotle sour cream (or mayo) and patties, cheese, avocado, tomato and onions. Set the bun tops into place. Eat and Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, time for true confessions! I made this because it sounded fabulous. Oops, gonna have to take another run at it...I misread the 1-2 canned chopped chipotle chilis to be 1-2 whole cans of chilis in adobo sauce. Yikes, HOT HOT HOT! You'd think I'd never cooked before. Whew, I'll keep trying! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter is about burgers. I do hope you link this lovely one in. This is the link . Please do pop back to check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete