Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Moroccan Roasted Carrots



Yummy, spicy, exotic.
Just my flavor combination for sure!

However, on this recipe, I am going to tell you something from what I actually did.
I know, hypocrite!
Well, I am always looking for an easier way to do something, so thinking I am SO smart, I decided to toss these carrots before I roasted them
Actually, not bad at all, but I believe the recipe is better looking and tasting when you roast, toss, marinate and serve. 
Here is the original recipe... It's the one I thought I was smarter than, maybe not so much.

If you are feeling EXTRA ambitious, you might want to slice your baby carrots on the diagonal, lengthwise before tossing in oil and roasting. More bits to caramelize and taste delicious.


Makes about 4-5 cups
Ingredients

25 small carrots, stems removed (I used 4 cups of baby carrots)
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 c chopped walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup feta (optional, and not vegan)

Dressing:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
juice of 1 large orange
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp harissa paste, or Chinese chili paste, or chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 400F. Toss carrots with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil. Arrange carrots in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Transfer to oven and roast, 35-45 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile make dressing by combining all ingredients, mixing well, in a large bowl. Set aside at room temperature.

Transfer warm carrots to the larger bowl of dressing (from the step above), turning to coat well. Arrange on a serving platter. Let sit at least 15 minutes, to marinate. Sprinkle with cilantro, feta and walnuts before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment