Sunday, November 16, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Dip (with fresh Spinach)


I'm not the best with appetizer inspiration, it is always the last thing I think of when people come up. I like to plan the dinner, the dessert,  the wine.... 

So the other night about 40 minutes before people arrived I am standing in front of my fridge wondering if I can conjure something up.  Looking at a huge container of fresh spinach...
I know Artichoke Dip! Everyone likes that!

The classic dip always calls for a box of chopped frozen spinach.
I hate that stuff, it takes days to thaw and frankly, it's messy.
I'm making it with Fresh!  Here's my take on the classic dip.




Makes about 3-4 cups
Ingredients

2 cups Parmesan cheese, or Pecorino
2 cups chopped baby spinach
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream, light or regular, softened
8 oz pkg cream cheese, light or regular
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons garlic, minced, or 1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp lemon zest (optional) 
Salt & Fresh ground pepper

Chop the artichokes, add the grated cheese.  Chop the spinach until you have some pieces, add to the cheese mixture. Add the sour cream, mayo and softened cream cheese.  Mix well and add the garlic, lemon zest and salt/pepper.  Add to small baking dishes (i did three small ones) and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment