Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Neopolitan Cupcakes


Today, I am embracing my inner lazy girl and shamelessly plugging my cupcake idea using ALL MIXES.
Yep, I'm okay with it.

I needed to bring treats... and I was DOG tired.
I could have stopped for a Costco sheet cake, but that's not the same.

I had the Ghiradelli brownie mix (the big one with 6 mixes from Costco), a strawberry Duncan Hines cake mix and two tubs of cream vanilla frosting.

Here's what I did...
Brownie bottoms
Strawberry cake tops
Fluffy Vanilla icing

Make up brownie mix according to instructions.

First, a small scoop of brownie batter.  I used a 1 oz cookie scoop, but you could "eyeball" it.  It should be roughly 1/3 of your batter.



Make up strawberry cake mix according to instructions.
Next, top with your strawberry cake batter.  I used a 2 oz cookie scoop.



Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.  Set the time for about 10 minutes and rotate the pans, reset your timer for the remaining 10 minutes and check again.  Give it another 5 minutes, if needed.  If you have a convection oven, use that as your cupcakes will bake more uniformly.

NOTE- Make sure your cupcakes are cooked through.  Because I didn't rotate my pans mid way, I ended up with the top pan with some undercooked cupcakes.... bummer.
Let cool completely.

Whip up the tub of frosting until they are light and fluffy... you could use it right out of the tub, but it's kind of solid and too sweet.  If you whip it up, it seems not so sugary.  Or make your own frosting, I like this Stable Whip Cream Frosting.


Decorate with sprinkles, or even a slice of strawberry.

Need some other ideas for cake mixes?
German Chocolate Dump Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment