Friday, June 5, 2015

Pina Colada For a Crowd





Here's something to know about me...
I don't like sticky and I don't like fussy.
SO, all those fussy, frozen blended pina colada recipes are OUT when I am entertaining a crowd.  

I want to have fun at my own party, you know???
I know you know.
It just makes sense.
Who in their right mind wants to be the sticky crabby hostess stuck in the kitchen by the blender all night?  Nope, not me.
All my cocktails are made for a crowd AND they need to be dispensable to the common household guest. 

This recipe is intended to be served over ice... hey, blend it if you like, or better yet, let your buddy blend it themselves.

Plan ahead...
  1. Make the mix
  2. Cut up garnishes (pineapple, cherries, oranges, whatever!) and thread on cocktail picks
  3. Get some paper umbrellas
  4. Add some bamboo print straws, or something else festive
  5. Ice and glasses
  6. GO!

Here's my easy-peasy yummy drink mix!



Make about 6 cups
Ingredients

2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups canned coconut milk (I used a 14.5oz can- close enough!)
1 cup Malibu coconut rum (or other light rum)
1 cup dark rum
1/2 cup amaretto (optional, but recommended)


Mix together, and serve over ice.  If you make it ahead, put it in the fridge until ready to serve.  
Here's my mix, ready to go for.... well, right now!!! Hahaha.

Actually, I made two batches tonight.  The first one I had to deliver to my dear niece who was in a scary car accident, but was A-OK.  Still, a near miss is a reason to celebrate.  What's better than a pitcher of pina colada delivery?
What things do YOU need to celebrate tonight?


Need some more ideas for a crowd?
The most popular blog posting I have?
Need some regular ideas?  "Like" my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment