Friday, January 13, 2012

Corn, Avocado, Tomato & Cilantro Salad


Okay, so maybe you are one of the 10% who doesn't like cilantro?  
Fine, don't add it.  
Make this salad your own.... add green onions or chopped parsley instead of cilantro.
I guess you DO have to like corn though...

I could eat this salad almost every day.  In fact, after we sat down to eat dinner, I had to jump up and take another picture of my dinner.  As I gazed at the nice salad, and the Dry Rubbed Chicken, I considered how great it would have been to chop up the leftover chicken and add it to the leftover salad for a healthy lunch the next day.  If you don't eat chicken, add cooked rice, quinoa or farro to make a filling, yummy salad.





Serves 2-4 people
Ingredients
2 cups corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1/2-1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
1-2 avocados, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, or just leaves
1 jalapeno, minced
1 lime, juiced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin or chili powder
Salt & Pepper

Chop everything, combine. Adjust seasoning.  Serve. Eat.



Here's my dinner, as I was imagining what I could do with leftovers...
Alas, I ate all the salad, and had to put the leftover chicken away all by itself.


r

No comments:

Post a Comment