Friday, January 11, 2013

Easy Sesame Dip for Veggies


I was on another food blog the other day called "Everyone loves Sandwiches" from Vancouver, BC, one I happen to like a whole bunch, reading her Top 10 personal favorite recipes.  Now, for a food blogger, your personal Top 10 fave's is often radically different from your popular Top 10, so of course, I stopped to check it out. One of these days I need to post my personal Top 10, which is totally different from the Top 10 posts from last year.

One recipe caught my eye, Sesame Dip of Goodness.  It had four ingredients, and since it was so simple, I needed to try it.  I just wasn't convinced that four ingredients was really going to be that great.  So, I made it... and of course, I changed it up a bit.  It's still simple, but I think this one just has to be better, ummm, because I think so.  Hahaha.

I made it for a party at our house last weekend.
I didn't say anything to anyone about it. 
Just put it out on the counter with the other appetizers.  
The interesting thing about this was, at the party mid-point the veggies were all gone. 
I mean all of them.  
How many parties have you been to where there was lots of meats and cheeses remaining when the veggie tray was empty?   
Yeah, like never.

I think this recipe IS a keeper, and I would suggest playing with the ratios of yogurt and mayo to fit your ingredients on hand, and your waistline.  

This might be the perfect easy recipe for Winter football games, including that Big Day coming up. 
I'm just playing at knowing football, you know that, right? 
But, I am not playing at knowing eating, okay?


(not pictured, Sriracha hot sauce)

Makes about 2 cups
Ingredients

1 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
2/3 cup mayonaise
2-3 Tbsp sesame seeds
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp sesame oil
2-3 Tbsp minced green onions
1-2 tsp sriracha hot sauce, if desired
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and taste to adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil and/or Sriracha to your liking.

Serve with fresh cut veggies, or chips.




No comments:

Post a Comment