Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Personal Top 10 Favorite Posts - 2012

It's not hard for me to name favorites.  
These are MY favorites. The ones I want to make, again and again.
I thought I would share, but really this post is about ME and what I like.
If you like it, that makes me happy.
If you don't, they are still my favorite.
Simple, huh?

Hey, if you want to know what was most popular on my blog last year, check out this!

Weeping Tiger Thai Salad
Call it Crying Tiger, or Weeping Tiger, it's the same thing.
I had this salad with a friend at a Thai restaurant, I wasn't too impressed the place but I loved, loved the salad. Or, at least the idea of the salad. I knew this one would be easy to re-create at home and be a healthy option for us too. The fun thing about it is that you can use any kinds of veggies that you like, I had it recently at another Thai restaurant where they made it with romaine lettuce, purple cabbage and carrots. Either way you make it, it IS GOOD.



Chicken with Bacon and Prunes
There was something magical about this. Tender chicken, salty bacon and sweet prunes.  Don't turn up your nose at those prunes, we could eat this dish every week.


 
Caprese Skillet Eggs

Saucy, easy and delicious for breakfast.  It's like pizza eggs or something.... I love everything about this, with meat or bacon, or without.


 
Baked Parmesan Salmon

This recipe totally debunks all the seafood and cheese poo-poo'ers.  Loved this, and it was easy to make after work one night.  I have made it again, and again.
 


Mexican Chilled Prawn Salad 
Maybe it's the salad, maybe it was the fantastic company that I first ate it with. I love this make ahead salad that travels well too.  Healthy and great- I want the weather to improve so I can eat this on the deck.
Heck, maybe I will crank up the heat and eat it inside dreaming of Summer days...



Peanut Butter Fudge

So easy and incredibly addictive. Make it and share it. 
It's even good frozen.
Dipping it in chocolate would be fabulous if you want to take it to a 'ho 'nother level.



Nordy Bars 

A fast trip down memory lane, and fast trip up the sugar highway.
Love these for a party, or to make your work place feel special.



Hot n' Sour Soup

My most memorable soup as my Mom has been making this for me as long as I can remember.  It's not the chicken noodle soup that most people think of with their Mom, but this one is special to me.



What the Pho Martini

I make a lot of martinis, many of them sweet, but sweet is not always my favorite.  This one is weird, I know that.  But it is spicy, delicious and different.  Not for everyone, but certainly for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment