Monday, January 28, 2013

Lazy Girl Cake Mix Cookies


Laziest cookies ever!

I saw this on Pinterest and scoffed.
Yes, I scoffed in disdainment.
And then I went back.
I had to look again. I couldn't look away.
Someone stop me, I'm about to embarrass myself.

But, Heck, I had some cake mixes in my pantry that I never use.
Why not?
This intrigued me, what if it was really good?
What if I missed telling you about something great, and easy too???

Think of the possibilities with this idea:
  • Yellow cake mix and regular chocolate chips
  • Chocolate cake mix with peanut butter chips
  • Chocolate cake mix with mint chocolate chips
  • Yellow cake with white chocolate chips and sprinkles? 
  • White cake with dried cranberries and nuts
  • Chocolate cake with M & M's
Please stop me, I could go on and on...

I settled on Lemon cake mix with white chocolate chips.  I added a couple additional flavor components (extract, zest, juice) but those weren't in the original recipe.  It's up to you.
But use your imagination, this might be the perfect cookie/bar to make when  you have zero inspiration and zero time.

I'm not saying that this will win you ribbon at the state fair, but it does put cookies on the counter in record time. It made people happy at work today. Isn't happy what it's all about?


Makes one 9x13 pan
Ingredients

1 box of lemon cake mix
2 eggs,  beaten
5T melted butter
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 Tbsp lemon juice and little lemon vest (optional)
1/2 tsp lemon extract (optional)

Mix together and bake in 9X13 pan on 350 for 20-25 min.
I let mine rest for 20-30 minutes before cutting into bars. 

Ummm... mixing took me like 10 seconds.  Really though, I might hit the cake mix with a whisk before adding the liquid, because cake mixes can be kind of lumpy.



What it looks like after pressing into a 9x13 pan.  I must admit, I sprayed my hands with Pam cooking spray and patted it down.  I really hate sticky things on me.



After baking, I probably could have baked it 5 more minutes, but I liked the fudgy texture.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful and I can't wait to try all of the different types!!

    ReplyDelete