Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Candy to Give as Gifts

I've been told what to bring to Christmas.

Microwave (salted) Caramels

Really?  
Seems like so many other things things that I could bring to the family gathering that would be more exciting than something I whomped up in my microwave in 7 minutes. 
However, this request came from my oldest sister, and the parties at her house, and it's her birthday on the actual 25th of December.  Which means, of course, that I will do her bidding.

At this time of the year, I really like easy. 
Most of these candies are perfect to give as a last minute gift, and make people happy.

Penuche!
This one is a favorite of my husband and my daughter. One of my other sister's has been making this for years.  I'm not sure that mine is as good, but they love it.  If you have never heard of penuche... maybe you should give it a try?



Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
Takes less than 10 minutes and is so easy!

 

Yummy Nuts
I gave these to people this year but had to keep myself and my husband out of them.  To us, these just say Christmas.  Thanks to my sister in law for starting this tradition and sharing her recipe.



Peanut Butter Fudge
This must be my favorite of all time.  I like it better than chocolate fudge.



White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge
So pretty and festive on any Christmas goodie plate.



Chocolate Smothered S'mores
Ok, so maybe not so Christmas-y, but these are FUN and delicious.



Salted Caramel Toffee
Harder in texture and shape than caramels, and more chewy.  I love this stuff. You can do it with, or without, the sea salt.

 

Fudge for Dummies
Need a treat and only have short amount of time to make something?  This is it.




Microwave Caramels
Wow, easy, yummy.... I need to get making my batch this year.  I have been instructed to add seasalt to the entire batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment