Wednesday, January 28, 2015

10 Things I might make for the BIG Game...

You know the Big Game?
The SUPER one?
As Seattle peeps, you already know who we are cheering for!
Two in a row?  Yes, please!
Here's what I MIGHT make... you can't expect me to commit right now, can you?
I thought it was great that I narrowed it down to ten selections!

I gotta admit... we are not "football people", but this event is bigger than that.
We are out there cheering for our SEAHAWKS!

We're keeping it small... maybe just another 1-2 couples, people who understand our sports deficiencies.  People that we like to hang with, comfortable, loud, cheering people, who patiently explain stuff that makes us scratch our heads.

A couple of years ago I did a Super Bowl Recipe post... now, in hindsight, I don't think it's that good.  I need more SNACKY foods!!! So here you go... 
Now, in looking at my list, I feel like the LAZIEST cook around. 
What?  You like that?
Whew....these are simple recipes folks!
Go for it.  I can't have you tired for the game, now can I?


Having a martini or two might kick it off... bring on the Skittles!
Beast Mode Skittle Martini



A selection of yummy grazing appetizers are the answer... I better get the big bag of Juanita's "Crack" corn chips! 
Almost everything here can be scooped up on a chip, pita, or some veggies!
It's Vegetarian (OK, Pescetarian friendly!) and simple to make.
 

In alphabetical order... Artichoke and Roasted Cumin Dip 
Ugly, but yummy.
 


Artichoke Olive Cheese Bread
Kinda ugly, and takes longer than anything on the rest of the list, but you CANNOT beat the yumminess factor on this one.
 



Avocado Hummus 
This one looks a LOT better than guacomole after about 30 minutes.

 

Chipotle Black Bean Dip
Takes about 2 minutes to make...
 


Prawn Queso Dip  - or if this menu is too heavy on prawns (LOL), then just make it with Hot Links!  Spoiler Alert... two more prawn recipes below!

 

Prawns with Cilantro Sauce
I don't care what you put this sauce on, it's yummy!
 


Prawns with Creamy Habanero Sauce
Make the sauce ahead of time.  Grill up some skewers of prawns before everyone gets there.  This sauce is the BOMB on chips too...
 


Sesame Dip for Veggies  
Yum.




Smoked Salmon Spread with Capers & Green Onions
So easy, so great on bread, pita, chips or veggies!



And lastly...
Spicy Feta Dip/Spread   
Actually, if it was just me?  I'd just make this one and sit with a bowlful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment